Whole30 Sweet Potato Chili


Can I just say I love chili!! Like seriously, who doesn't love a good hearty chili on a cool day. I've been fighting a darn cold and needed some warm goodness in my tummy! I should also add this was my first time making it, and we absolutely loved it!! Hubby wanted seconds and asked if there would be some in the freezer for him. That is a total win for me. Sometimes being a busy mom and trying to find recipes that please everyone can be tough. But hey, that's why I'm here sharing all the great ones we try!!


Alright here's a lil secret, I had never cooked with hot peppers before. Really. For many years I've been scared to cook with them! I had this funny anxiety that everything would turn out too hot!! Okay, now looking back, it was ridiculous. lol. the pic above....my very first chopped hot pepper. Proud new chef moment :)


WHOLE30 Sweet Potato Chili



Ingredients:
4 tbsp cooking fat (avocado oil or olive oil)
1 lb ground beef
2 cups chopped onion
1 serrano chili (seeded and chopped)
2 cloves garlic
1 can roasted diced tomatoes (whole30 compliant)
1 cup beef bone broth (I used plain beef broth)
1 sweet potato peeled and cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper chopped
2 tbsp chili pepper
½ tsp chipotle chili pepper
½ tsp salt

Directions:
  • Heat healthy fat in large pot. Then add ground beef, onions, serrano chili and garlic. Continue to stir and cook until beef is browned.
  • Stir in tomato with juices, broth, sweet potato, bell pepper and all seasonings. Bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until sweet potatoes are soft and tender, 20-25 minutes.

Top with cilantro or green onion and it’s ready to serve!

1 comment

  1. We love Sweet Potatoes and your Chili looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top